CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

THIRD WEEK LECTURE...

It's already the third week! I feel quite tense since the video clip assignment has to be submitted within a very short period of time. However, I always bear in my mind that if I try to give my best for this assignment, everything will always be alright. The lecture was started by Ms. Chin, who introduced us to ASSURE Model and ADDIE Model. I found out that both of the model have their own benefits in classroom teaching. ASSURE Model, which is an abbreviation for steps of the model stands for analyze learners, state objectives, select methods, media, and material, utilize media and materials, require learner participation and lastly evaluate and revise. ASSURE model is like an eye opener for teachers as it provides alternative way in designing teaching and learning materials. Teacher does not have to depend fully on text book or exercise book. Here the application of technology comes in, and teacher were free to integrate their skill of using technology using this model. Hence, a lively, interactive and interesting classroom atmosphere will be created, compare when there is no integration of technology in the class. Another model which has been introduced to us was ADDIE model. It is a systematic instructional design and model consisting of five phases, which are analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. We can see that both models tend to help teachers and educators in their instructional design, by providing specific steps that are crucial to be practised in the classroom. We can say that both models are good guidance for teachers in enhancing the effectiveness of teaching and learning process, since it wider the range of conventional way of teaching into a more flexible one.

After the explaination by Ms. Chin, we have been given opportunity to continue our video assignment, besides explore and learn many other skills that were needed in producing a good video for teaching in the classroom. Without wasting time, I searched for the video clip needed for my assignment, under the topic of animals. Since it quite difficult to record real video for animals, especially the wild one, I decided to just looking for suitable video clip, and do some editing in order to make it interesting and contained the teaching points that I am going to teach. I found that there were some suitable video for my assignment, and there was some useful teaching points that match with the curriculum specifications that I want to insert in my lesson. Since this assignment prioritise creativity and originality, there was a crucial need for me to turn the video clip that I will download into something 'different' and unique for teaching in the classroom.

While searching for videos, one of my friend approached me and told me that our facilititor didn't actually like the way we downloading the video clip and use it for the assignment, since it doesn't replicate the originality of the idea. I was very worried about that, since my topic is about animals and I cannot imagine how I am going to video clip wild animals like tiger and elephant. In order to clarify this situation clearly, we approached Ms. Chin and ask her about the assignment. I felt so relieved then to know that we can use the video clip in the internet, but it is very important to edit and insert any important teaching points in the video, and the product must be different from the original video clip. Besides that, I felt really touched to see Ms. Chin and En. Hafiz searching for related video clips for my topics, besides giving me some tips in doing the assignment. Thank you...This incident taught me that I need to be calm and always directly refer to the lecturer if there is any doubt in doing the assignment. Besides that, I also got the opportunity to watch my friend's live video clip, which motivate me to do my best for the assignment.

1 comments:

SiTi sUhAiLi Sarif said...

salam zikirfikir
honestly,i really like ur blog.there's a lot of info here.if ur friends or ur parents read this blog,they can know what u've learnt in d class

good luck in order to be a good teacher in techno